FREE Open-Source GM Online Registration System
I have developed an online registration system for various events.
As a "pay back" for all the freeware I have used over the years,
I am releasing the system as freeware under the Open Software License v. 3.0
The system is very easy to use.
You create a PayPal Seller account, if you don't already have one.
You create a MySQL database with a user and password.
You edit one configuration file to define the data fields for the registration page.
You click one button to generate the database table to hold the data.
You click one button to generate the HTML registration page.
That's it! You now have a working online registration system!
The generated HTML page is functional, but not very pretty.
You will probably want to edit it to improve the layout
and add custom text about the event, but that is simple.
Here is a demo of a simple registration page with just a few fields.
Here is a demo of a typical registration page with common data fields.
Here is a demo of a complex registration page with all types of data fields.
You can download the system from Sourceforge
- Registration for multiple people
- Can specify to not share personal information with others
- Options to indicate Gender, Child, and/or Student
- Hospitality options: Need, Offer, Smoking, Cats, Dogs, Car Pooler
- As many custom data fields as needed, in various formats (number, decimal, text, checkbox, radio button, selection list)
- Optional use of multiple phone numbers and types (home, cell, etc.)
- As many Attendance/Price options as needed
- Optional sales of merchandise (T-Shirts, etc.)
- Optional discount for Early Registration or fee for Late Registration (date is handled automatically)
- Optional discounts for other purposes (organization membership, etc.)
- Optional donation
- Optional payment of deposit instead of entire amount
- Optional payment of PayPal fee
- Optional use of custom PayPal Payment pages
- Optional shutdown of registration at a specified date (date is handled automatically)
- Automatic updating of registration status for PayPal Refunds
- Confirmation email is sent to user and to registrar for Registrations and Refunds
- If hospitality is filled in, email is sent to hospitality coordinator
- Separate page (NOT password protected) to display the names of the Paid registrations
- Separate page (password protected) to display all registrations and download in Excel CSV format
- Separate page (password protected) to edit or delete a registration
- Separate page (password protected) to generate database table and HTML registration page via one-button clicks
- Optional reference to this Online Registration System in registration page footer
- Logging of all registrations and paypal transactions
- Error checking for invalid or missing data
- Restricting web access to sensitive files
- Setting of PHP error options
Top of Page
How to contact me: Glenn Manuel